Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bea
Level 7

buffering is constant and picture is blurry

Jump to solution

Installed Roku Express on tv two weeks ago.  It goes to "buffering" constantly and the video is usually blurry. Internet and wireless connections okay. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: buffering is constant and picture is blurry

Jump to solution

@bea 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

We would also recommend checking out some wireless troubleshooting tips to see if it resolves your issue here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bea 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

We would also recommend checking out some wireless troubleshooting tips to see if it resolves your issue here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Patricia5
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku devices and the last one I purchased has buffering all the time. The other 2 I've had no problem with. I have Spectrum & I had them come out & they installed an updated router. I also increased my internet sped but nothing has helped. I tried this new Roku on another Tv & it did the same thing. I also get a pop up saying to update the system but it won't let me click on the YES. I updated manually but nothing I've tried is working. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Patricia5

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you experiencing this issue with, and what other Roku devices are you not seeing this issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Patricia5
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have Roku 3801X Streaming Stick + , 3810 RW Streaming Stick  & 3920 Roku Premiere. That's the one I'm having trouble with. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Patricia5

Thanks for the post.

It looks like you are having issues with a Premiere device due to buffering which is most likely caused by your wireless connectivity. Please be aware that the Roku Premiere will only connect to a 2.4 GHz network, while your Streaming Sticks can connect to a 5 GHz. 

Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this helps what you are seeing? 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos