Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACMcG
Level 7

Re: all 5 of my roku devices stopped connecting to my internet last night.

Same issue

0 Kudos
Rossbschauf
Level 7

Why would my Roku premiere simply stop working after over a year? Literally nothing new has transpired. Just won’t find my network anymore. Finds plenty around the neighborhood. No changes to my router. Have factory reset and reset router. Understand this may be a 5g band issue. But why did it start out of nowhere? And why can’t it be fixed?

0 Kudos
toad72
Level 7

I'm having the same problem. My less-than-one-month old Premiere worked fine for two weeks. Now it can't find my home network, nor most of the neighborhood networks that usually show up. I have rebooted router, modem, and Roku without improvement. Also run data speed tests near router and near Roku  with laptop--no problems there. Everything else works except my new Roku. Will be returning and finding another solution, I guess.

0 Kudos
XseeNMTv
Level 9

Software update?

ROKU devices are consumable. They have a designed life of ~18 months after which the wireless cards / antenna die / get fried from overheating.

0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

I'll second the recommendation to restart your wifi router.   It doesn't make any sense to me either when other devices are still working, but I've seen it work.   Also, pull the power plug on your roku or roku TV instead of just a software restart.

0 Kudos
tkayp
Level 8

I am so glad someone else has spoke up! We always watch tv at night in bed. The other night our Roku tv was working just fine and when we went to watch the very next night, it won’t connect to our wireless network. I have tried every reset option, with factory reset as last resort, even tried to set up a new connection and it STILL won’t work!! Everything else in the house works just fine, but NOTHING is working to get the tv reconnected! I have been using Roku products since 2009 and this is the first time I have ever had a problem!

0 Kudos
Vande11
Level 7

I had the exact same problem – roku would not find the wireless connection. I had many other devices logged onto the wireless connection, but roku would not connect. I reset my wireless router and reset my roku device and it worked perfect.  THANK YOU!!

0 Kudos