Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
armstrdj
Level 9

Re: all 4 of my rokus went down will not connect to internet 1-19-2020 withj a update

T_whitfield,

What kind of router do you have? I am having the exact same issue with 2 roku streaming sticks and one roku tv since the morning of 2/13. The wireless signal is excellent the download speed is 0. It isn't exactly 0 because I can watch things just lots of buffering and low quality. Every other device on my network is working flawlessly. I have a 400MB cable line, ARRIS SB6183 modem, and 2 eero pro routers. I spent 2 days doing factory resets, on calls with roku, eero, and ISP support. I have ruled out modem and ISP because the TV has a wired port and it works when wired. I also swapped back in my old netgear nighthawk router and wireless works on that so doesn't look likely to be the roku devices. Everything seems to point to the eeros but they assure me nothing has changed on their end. After two days of pulling my hair out I purchased two fire sticks and haven't had any issues. I am a somewhat technical person but will admit networking is not my strong suit. This problem befuddles me. 

0 Kudos
T_whitfield
Level 7

Re: all 4 of my rokus went down will not connect to internet 1-19-2020 withj a update

I have 3 eeros, so maybe that's the problem.

0 Kudos
armstrdj
Level 9

I started a new thread with eero in the subject to see if there are other eero users who are having the problem.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Roku-Wireless-not-working-with-eero...

T_whitfield
Level 7

I also have an Arris SB6183 modem.

0 Kudos
armstrdj
Level 9

Check your firmware version on that modem. My issue appears to be some sort of inoperability issue with my modem firmware and the 3.18 firmware from Eero. I had an SB 6183 with kernel SB6183-9.2.0.0-GA-03-29-NOSH. There is a support article at Eero highlighting this issue, see link below. I tried to get my ISP to upgrade the firmware but I couldn't get anywhere. I switched to a SB 6190 and the Rokus are back to normal. 

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/209384066-I-have-an-Arris-SB6183-modem-and-I-m-experienci...

0 Kudos