Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
keno777
Level 7

all 4 of my rokus went down will not connect to internet 1-19-2020 withj a update

All of 4 of our Roku's went last night after a update. Network no problems signal 4 to 5 bars. all other wireless devices working ok. Guess I'll trash the units and one tv.  I will move on to better equipment. Android looks to be the best with atsc 3 8k this year. 

14 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: all 4 of my rokus went down will not connect to internet 1-19-2020 withj a update

@keno777 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding your situation? Did you make any changes to your network prior to this incident? What model devices are you no longer able to connect? Have you tried restarting your network?

For wireless network troubleshooting, visit our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
makaiguy
Level 12

Re: all 4 of my rokus went down will not connect to internet 1-19-2020 withj a update

The only time I have had a wifi connection issue with my Roku it was solved by restarting the wifi router.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
Highlighted
keno777
Level 7

Re: all 4 of my rokus went down will not connect to internet 1-19-2020 with your update

I have one Roku tv it has a strong wi-fi signals will not log-in even on guess . Have one old Roku with wired connection no problems. The others will not pick up no wireless signal. I have no problems with my router and 10 other wireless connections across 200 feet. I can get the Roku to work with out a password on guess but I'm not going unprotected. I changed my tv to operate without Roku. I replaced the other 2 with android 9 tv boxes 4gig of ram and 64 gigs of storage with 6k support. It looks like the Roku wants to go to a g wireless connection not n. The Roku remotes has a problem of failures also. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rcharity23
Level 7

Re: streaming stick not connecting to internet on start up

My roku streaming stick is also not connecting to the internet upon start up. It takes a good 3-5 minutes for it to connect to the wifi now for some reason. No other devices in my house have this issue. My wifi connection and speeds are great. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rcharity23 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering your device? Are you powered through the TV USB port or are you plugged into the wall outlet?

If you are plugged through the USB, we would recommend plugging the device into the wall outlet and seeing if that resolves your issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rcharity23
Level 7

It is plugged into the wall. The device powers on with the tv and loads but just doesn't connect to the internet. It says "not connected" for like 3-5 minutes before finding the wifi and connecting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SHall
Level 7

We are having the same problem with our Roku Express.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
J_Stone
Level 7

My Roku express updated last night to 9.2.1 and now it won't connect either. I had no problems with previous updates. Is there any way to roll back to a previous version that actually works? I'm an over-the-road trucker. I pay for Sling, which is the only reason I got a Roku in the first place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
T_whitfield
Level 7

For the past three days we are having the same problem with our 4 roku express devices. Excellent signal and 0 download speed. All of our other devices(besides roku work great). We have had no issues in the past year until now. Please help

0 Kudos