Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Won't connect to wireless

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express and a Streaming Stick that will not connect to my new router. I keep getting 014 errors but it is finding my network and I am entering the password correctly. I hooked up another roku Express and it worked and connected no problem. Tried mine on the same unit and could not connect. Both devices worked earlier in the day on my previous wireless network. Getting frustrated because I know the units are good and my wireless info is correct.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Won't connect to wireless

Jump to solution

Everything works except one Express wont connect. But it had been connected earlier. This is made me think it might be interference from another Router. Sometimes having too many things connected can cause problems.

I understand an update happened today. Possibly the update didnt finish correctly. error 014

Yank any MicroSD memory out.

do a factory reset and start from scratch Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/

factory reset

And set it up again.

It'll work be patient

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

What Model Router is it.

Roku works on the 2.4hz band.

You can try changing Channels in the Router setup.

Do you have  more than ine Router running? This can cause problems.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Network-Troubleshooting-Help/m-p/51...

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just one router. It is an Actiontec C1000A.

How do I change channels in the router setup?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

You need to connect a computer with an Ethernet cable

into one of the 4 ports on back of your Router and use a browser.

as per here https://www.centurylink.com/home/help/internet/modems-and-routers/actiontec-c1000a.html

you ddnt mention which Roku Model you have but if you can I highly recommend using Ethernet to hook the two together if you can.

Anyway there is a troubleshooting guide at that link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

In the original post I said I had 2 roku Express and one streaming stick. 1 Express connected no problem. Both had been used previously in the day on my old network. Ethernet id also connected. Speaking using the network on other devices (computer, tablet, etc) with no problems. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Everything works except one Express wont connect. But it had been connected earlier. This is made me think it might be interference from another Router. Sometimes having too many things connected can cause problems.

I understand an update happened today. Possibly the update didnt finish correctly. error 014

Yank any MicroSD memory out.

do a factory reset and start from scratch Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/

factory reset

And set it up again.

It'll work be patient

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So I did the factory reset on the stick and it worked perfectly! Kind of an annoying fix to resetup everything, but I will do it on the Express tomorrow and report back. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

Doo doo happens in the software world.

Glad its working out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Two of mine stopped working today. I've done the "secret menu" and disabled the pings, I've reset it, and did a factory reset, and set everything back up. It's still not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Got the Express factory reset today and it works great! Thanks, boogernose! I appreciate your help!