Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jargas123
Reel Rookie

Won't connect to wifi, 3930X

My roku 3930X won't connect to wifi, I've unplugged it, restarted it, restarted to router, moved it 1 foot from router, nothing works and I don't wanna buy a new one.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Won't connect to wifi, 3930X

Hi @jargas123

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that your Roku Express 3930 is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. 

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jargas123
Reel Rookie

Hello,

Yes my wifi is the 2.4ghz, and the channels aree set up.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@jargas123 

What about the b/g/n settings to which @RokuKariza-D referred? Some ISPs have made changes to those, changing them to g/n, which can cause connectivity issues. Ensure the setting is b/g/n.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
jargas123
Reel Rookie

That was it...the bgn thing, thanks yall!