Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won’t connect to my hotspot

Can not get my tv to connect to my hotspot no matter what I do I have restarted my phone and tv many times not working.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Won’t connect to my hotspot

[Moving troubleshooting topic to General Discussion]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about what you're experiencing. If you're having trouble connecting to a network, take a look here for some helpful troubleshooting steps: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

In general, we don't recommend the use of mobile hotspots as network speeds & performance can vary.  

A few other questions here: 

- What model is your TV?
- What version/build of software does your TV currently have installed in Settings>System>About?
- What is your phone's make/model, and what version of mobile OS is it running? 
- Have you tried renaming your device's network name to something simpler, removing any special characters? 
- Are you able to connect the device to a different wireless network?

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About. I'll continue looking into this with you from there! 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos