Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicoleg11
Level 8

Re: Won’t connect to WiFi no matter what

I have 2 roku express in my home and I am having the same issue with BOTH of them and I can not figure it out. I factory reset both my router and the roku and now I can’t even set up the roku because I can’t connect it to the internet still. But every other device in my home aside from both rokus connect fine. I am so frustrated. 

Nicoleg11
Level 8

Also I forgot to add, they did do some sort of update December 18th and I am convinced that has something to do with it. I’ve had mine for almost a year and same router and everything and I never had any connection issues until recently, after the update. 

Lszalay
Level 7

Now I’m having the same issue with my Roku stick on my main device. Restarted multiple times. Says my wireless strength is excellent but will not connect to the internet. Roku needs to address this issue. I was going to replace my Roku express that is t working with the stick. Now considering going with a totally different streaming device. 

Nicoleg11
Level 8

I agree, I’m ready to send this **bleep** back to them and buy something else. I think what is even worse is they make it impossible to contact any kind of customer support about these issues and refer us to each other or the “community” to solve them. I have tried everything and more that people have recommended multiple times over the last 2 weeks and it seems there are a lot of people having these same issues that none of us have answers or solutions to. 

lucenal
Level 7

Mine is the same thing I did a factory reset but it still not connecting to my network and it always asking a question before I set up the connection if "I am at a hotel or college dorm or I am at home. I always choose "home" it will look like its connected but when i go to netflix or any other apps it says no connection. I tried to connect it on my phone hotspot and works but not on my home wifi. I'm getting frustrated it. im ready to give up.

fkunc
Level 8

Can you try choosing the home or college option and see if it will log onto your home network that way?

Alternatively, try setting your home network to the unencrypted mode in your modem settings and see if you can log onto it that way.

Don't know if either of those will work or not but it's worth a try to find out.  I think the problem lies in a problem with how Roku handles security encryption codes since the last update.

0 Kudos
lollipop77
Level 7

0 Kudos
Ericat27
Level 7

I am having trouble with the same thing what did you do to solve this problem 

norcaljohnny
Level 10

Hey all, try going into your router settings and set the broadcast channel tp 11. 

0 Kudos
lori2125
Level 7

I have the same problem.  It has worked fine for many months and all of a sudden it can't connect to WiFi and I have done all of the restarts, rebooted my wifi which is fine on all of my other devices.  It is very strange to all of sudden not work and doesn't show my network which I put in my information and it still said something is wrong when it did the scan.