Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarmonyMartin
Level 7

Won’t connect to WiFi no matter what

I’ve restarted the system multiple times I’ve restarted my Hotspot multiple times nothing worked so I factory reset and it still won’t connect so now I’m stuck where I can’t even set my Roku up anymore 

56 Replies
fkunc
Level 8

Re: Won’t connect to WiFi no matter what

Sort of like my problem, it just quit connecting to my wifi, gave a lot of "loading" stuff then loss of video while getting audio before it happened, so I did all the reboot stuff and finally the factory reset thing,

Out of an out of the air type of idea I enabled my guest network on wifi and it connects to that with no trouble but still not connect to my main wifi (my laptop has n trouble connecting to it so I doubt it's the arris cable modem).

Don't know if this will work for you or not, and I still don't have the slightest idea if the problem is with my Roku or something with my modem.

If something is failing I need to know what it is so I can replace it before a total failure occurs so anyone having any ideas to try will be good.

Mjd2
Level 7

I am having the same problem. Have you figured it out yet?  Any assistance would be appreciated 

C_I
Level 12

@HarmonyMartin wrote:

I’ve restarted the system multiple times I’ve restarted my Hotspot multiple times nothing worked so I factory reset and it still won’t connect so now I’m stuck where I can’t even set my Roku up anymore 

I have a Roku Express+ 3910 RW and I've had none of these problems. Maybe those of you who are having these problems have older models. 

0 Kudos
Schmidt3
Level 7

No mine is pretty new. Same issues. It was working fine then this evening it just lost connection and now won’t stay connected. It lets me reconnect but when I try to start any app it says not connect to network. Tried restarting my entire network and the Roku ultra several times. All our other devises work just fine. Finally unplugged it. I’ll try tomorrow and hopefully someone from Roku will start trying to help us on here. 

Badwombat
Level 7

I’m having similar problems- my remote stopped working, used Roku app on iPhone and android as remote for a while, then that stopped working too. Now app cannot find device (no problem finding old Roku 1 though), remote is back ordered but weeks away. Super annoying.

0 Kudos
lalala
Level 8

same issue.  I have done reboots, checked modem, called the internet provider, connected other devices...my roku will not connect to the router/modem internet service.  It says the connection is available but then cannot connect.  

I have the purple streaming stick.

Lszalay
Level 7

Same issue. I even bought a new roku express thinking my other one died but still not connecting to WiFi. All other devices including roku stick on my main tv are working fine.  Very frustrated. 

fkunc
Level 8

Exactly what I did, bought Express+, for the sane reason.  Spent many hours -like maybe 20- trying to get it to connect to my primary network doing everything I could with my Roku and far more with my wireless modem settings including a good 6+ hours in chat with the Arris representative tying everything that could be tried.  The only thing we could determine is that Roku would not accept any security codes to connect to my primary and would only connect with it if it was set to unencrypted mode,  but if I enable a guest network I can connect to that with the encryption enabled.   You might try this with your modem to see if it works, no one at Arris can figure out why it happens this way and Roku only has imaginary support that doesn't address the situation at all.  The problem apparently lies with Roku and there is no way to address it.

Maybe Roku did some kind of update that caused this problem where there has been no problem before.

C_I
Level 12

0 Kudos