Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R777

Won't connect to WiFi but other devices do

All devices in our house connect and work with our wifi except our roku. We have 3 rokus, and none of them will connect. Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
bshooner
Reel Rookie

Re: Won't connect to WiFi but other devices do

Similar problem. Was watching last night and it cut out. Restarted router and roku device. Wi-fi fine on all other devices AND it is finding neighbors' networks but not mine.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @R777 @bshooner

Thanks for the posts.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Please keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
bshooner
Reel Rookie

Will 2.4 g/n be compatible?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@bshooner wrote:

Will 2.4 g/n be compatible?

Your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router that changed the router's wifi connection parameters from b/g/n to g/n (or a new router with that setting), which affects some Roku models. This has been reported lately with equipment from Comcast/Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi that was set by the update back to b/g/n.

If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you. 

Step-by-step post from @AvsGunnar for Comcast/Xfinity users: https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
adweiss228

I have 2 Tokugawa express. The one in my kitchen works good. The one in our bedroom looses connection a lot. Says WiFi not connection but everything else works fine but not on this Roku. Can’t connect to my WiFi in this bedroom. How can I make a better WiFi connection 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@adweiss228, have you tried swapping the one from the kitchen to the bedroom and vice versa?  I have multiple Roku devices and some of them have decent Wi-Fi reception and some have terrible reception.  There isn't much you can do about it other than trying to somehow get the device closer to your router.  I prefer wired connections for my Roku devices whenever possible.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos