Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bread0186
Level 8

Won’t connect in public wireless internet—wrong password

Good morning.  I stay in a rv camp ground permanently and have used the public internet provided for my Roku in the past.  Yes, I use the dorm/hotel connection and it has worked just fine in the past as well.  Now when I try to connect and enter the code, my phone produces an error that can’t cannot connect, wrong password.  I am typing the password directly from the Roku message on my tv screen.  It has been happening for weeks now.  Please assist.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Won’t connect in public wireless internet—wrong password

I've had issues in the past (but not this specific issue) using the Hotel/Dorm function using a phone or tablet. What worked for me every time was using my laptop instead of my iOS device to complete the connection. No idea if it might help in your case. 

Any chance you're seeing someone else's Roku in the WiFi when you're attempting to connect? Make certain the SSID you're attempting to connect to matches the one on the screen you're looking at. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bread0186
Level 8

No chance at all I am seeing someone else's device.  Mine is the only Roku device thst even shows up on my phone.  All ID have been verified to match.  I will try going through my laptop later to see if that works.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Bread0186 wrote:

No chance at all I am seeing someone else's device.  Mine is the only Roku device thst even shows up on my phone.  All ID have been verified to match.  I will try going through my laptop later to see if that works.

Yeah, I didn't think so. But it was worth asking... Smiley Very Happy

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bread0186
Level 8

Thanks.  Tried going through my laptop and it doesn’t even give me the option.

0 Kudos
Bread0186
Level 8

Update:

was able to sign on through my iPad and that worked for a few days.  Tonight the connection was lost and had to sign back in.  Now getting the same on my iPad as my phone.  “Incorrect password” when the password is coming directly from the tv screen.  I’ve tried turning off and on, forgetting network then reconnecting.  Please help.

0 Kudos