Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dpac7103
Level 7

Wireless signals low, cant find network

Recently upgraded to a new device.  Connected to the network and worked fine for a week.  Now when I try to connect I cant find the network, and the networks that show up have very low connection.  Turned off, and back on.  Didnt help.  Tried connecting to my phones hot spot, same problem.  Connection comes up low on the roku, and wont connect to network.  Unplugged my new roku, plugged my old roku back in, my network shows, with full signal, as does 6 other networks, and a Verizon hotspot all with full signals.  Tried my phone, phone network shows, full signal, and connects.  Plug new roku back in, 3 of the 6 networks show, all with 1 bar for signal strength,  and my network isnt one of them.  Try phone again, 1 bar signal strength, no connection.  Do I have a bad roku?  What's the next step?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Wireless signals low, cant find network

Try clearing out all the wifi information from the new Roku and setting up your network connection again.  Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos