Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Wireless sign in

What do you do if your network requires a separate sign in sheet....my other devices usually bring it up automatically but it doesn't come up on Roku so I can't actually connect to the internet

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Wireless sign in

Are you trying to log into a network at a hotel/dorm/etc where, when using a web browser on a computer/tablet/phone, it takes you to a web page where you sign in?.  Once you've done this you can continue to use the net.

The Roku has no browser so an alternate hotel/dormitory method was added to version 8 of the Roku software several years ago.  With this feature, you utilize a wifi-equipped computer/phone/tablet to connect to the Roku via wifi-direct then use the computer's browser to log into the network through the Roku. Some older models, though, may not have this capability and I haven't been able to locate a list of which models do and don't.

This Roku page explains the process: https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

If you don't get the hotel or college dorm prompt at step 7, it may mean you an older Roku without this capability.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos