Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_paigee

Re: FIXES DO NOT WORK PLEASE FIX YOUR ISSUE

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 You were very rude throughout this whole interaction. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@_paigee unfortunately that happens on public forums. Try to concentrate on the quality support you received and ignore the rest. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
_paigee

Roku 3910x can’t find any networks

Jump to solution

Well now that you’re here, 

My Roku suddenly disconnected from my apartment buildings internet. When attempting to reconnect it, it can’t find any wireless networks. I’ve reset it several times, tried to enter the SSIN manually, unplugged it, and did a factory reset and still it still isn’t finding anything.

I did a hard factory reset also and it still isn’t finding anything so I can’t complete the set up. I just went to the app on my phone and clicked “forget device” which was a mistake because I can’t even get to the device’s IP address. The model of my Roku is 3910x I got it in 2018. Do I just need a new one? Is there any way to fix this?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Roku 3910x can’t find any networks

Jump to solution

From the sounds of it, there's likely a setting in the apartment building's WiFi network that the Roku doesn't like. Your Express only supports 2.4 GHz, and with some access points the Roku will not correctly connect to an access point that has the Mode set to G/N. Normally it's only been reported by people that use a cable company for their Internet, and it's possible that's what your apartment complex is using. In these cases, changing the Mode setting to B/G/N has resolved the connectivity problems. 

I also just noticed you are saying it doesn't see any networks available. On 2.4 GHz, Roku supports channels 1-11. Some access points will self-assign channel 12, 13 or 14, and if that happens your Roku won't even see it. In North America those channels shouldn't be used anyway, but it still happens. Since they suddenly disappeared from view, a channel change to one of those unsupported channels seems likely. But I would still expect you to see some sort of connection, even if it's not the apartment's. When I scan from my home, I can see more than a dozen of my neighbor's access points, even though I can't connect since I don't know their passcode. 🙂

If your cell phone offers an Internet hotspot, see if your Roku will detect it. The phone hotspot will be turned off by default, so you'd have to enable it to test that. If your phone doesn't have one, perhaps a friend would let you test with theirs. If your Roku can't see even the phone hotspot, then my guess would be a hardware failure of the Roku. It's an electronic device, and sometimes they simply fail without warning. Roku only has the Express on sale right now, and I'm not a fan of that model. For a little more money I much prefer the Express 4K+. Dual band WiFi, WiFi Direct remote, and much more powerful than your older Express+ 3910.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
19lm

Jump to solution

I have a 1yo roku streaming Roku Premiere HD 4K  HDR. Last night my AT&T WiFi service got disconnected and of course beside my other devices, the roku also didn't get signal. 

1) I reset my WiFi service2) fixed all my devices,3) tried to do so with roku. Not working. Today roku nothing.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@19lm, you need to give us more information than "nothing".  What does "nothing" mean?  Does it show no networks?  Does it show networks, but not yours?  Does it show your network, but won't connect?

Help us help you.  Also, what's the model number displayed on your Roku under Settings->System->About?

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dfinn
Reel Rookie

Re: Wireless network not detected - need assistance

Jump to solution

I am right there with you. my roku stick no problems ever! I came home turned the tv on and then the roku and the "Let's get started" popped up. long story short, never will accept my wireless password, then my 5ghz disappeared tried the other frequency with password- nothing. So I thought the roku stick died. I get an email from roku on an express on sale, buy it! I thought that would fix my issue. NOPE! Now I have two roku devices that will not connect at all. However in the living room my roku sound bar works just fine. So does my laptop, work laptop and phone (all wireless connected) all work with no issues. I am not understanding what is going on. I did call my provider and everything is working and is all good. What is going on? 

I want to return the express however, I can't find the purchase on my account. I am very upset.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dfinn

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What wireless network frequency is your wireless network using?
For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to connect the device you are having issues with to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
snemm

Jump to solution

I also cannot get any of the Roku devices in my home to find my wireless modem after receiving an updated modem yesterday. After resetting the modem and Roku multiple times it will not find the network or recognize if when typing it in manually. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @snemm,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku® streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku ...

Furthermore, if the affected device is a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that both devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos