Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Wireless extenders/repeaters

Has anyone had an actual experience with or know for a fact THESE work well with Roku's?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Wireless extenders/repeaters

How about you @atc98092  or @Tivoburkee 

Do wireless extenders help with Roku's?

Anyone?

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

I've never tried an extender. I just use more than one access point in the house, all wired into my Gigabit network. But I have heard some users report success. If you're going with 5 GHz, make sure they aren't using a DFS channel, or the Roku won't see it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 17

"I have heard some users report success. If you're going with 5 GHz,
make sure they aren't using a DFS channel, or the Roku won't see it."

Interesting, thanX

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

When I moved into my current place the internet modem was in the kitchen on other side of house from the bedrooms where internet was needed. The landlord my Niece's ex,was my roommate, he installed one, so he used it with his roku, while I just used 2.4 & 5 ghz. I logged on to it originally, but didn't see any bump in performance from signal in the clear. Now the modem is in the bedroom, so no more need for it.

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 17

Well I'm thinking they might solve a lot of problems people are experiencing.....

0 Kudos