Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdsenger
Level 7

Wireless connection issue

Hello.  I have had a couple roku TV's that have already been set up.  Now they will not connect to the internet although it sees the wireless connection and says it is connected.  I got in touch with a person yesterday but I think it was a scam.  They were offering me a couple of packages at a price.  Anyway, they said that perhaps it is blocking my IP address.   If I use my iphone no problem but if I connect to my home internet it will not work.   None of the ROKU Tvs work nor will the express I just bought.  All an internet connectivity issue.   Any thoughts?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wireless connection issue

The only suggestion I have is to reboot your modem and/or router and maybe change the DNS setting in your router (8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 are recommended).  As far as who you spoke with, that was obviously a scam.  It's pretty much impossible to reach anyone from Roku on the phone and anyone trying to get money from you is most definitely a scam artist.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.