Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connection is good internet connection is bad

Hello my name is mark and I have a 32 inch Roku tcl tv and I’ve been having problems with my wifi not being able to connect back to it, it all started yesterday and my wifi went out while watching YouTube and for some reason when it came back on it just says That my wireless connection is good but there’s not internet connection I tried restarting it and factory reset it about 3 times are there any other ways to try to fix it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Wireless connection is good internet connection is bad

Have you checked your router?  The router may be the issue here.  If not, you may need to contact either your internet service provider, or your TV manufacturer (to note, Roku doesn’t make the TVs by themselves)

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Wireless connection is good internet connection is bad

Hi @MarkAdams23

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your TCL Roku TV? Could you tell us as well who your internet service provider is? If by chance it is Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator