Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vicah

Wireless connection gone on 3 Rokus

Why is it that none of my Roku devices can connect to my Wi-Fi. It doesn’t recognize my home Wi-Fi but lists. This all happened within the last day on 3 tvs. I know my Wi-Fi works because my smart tvs work as well as mobile devices.  And yes, I’ve reset everything. Seems to be a problem for many. What’s up Roku? And of course nobody to call. 

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Wireless connection gone on 3 Rokus

Hi @Vicah

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us who is your internet service provider? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jwjckc
Channel Surfer

I'm having this same issue.  Software currently updating.  Not sure if the update is meant to address this or just a coincidence....

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @jwjckc

I hope you're doing well.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jayde
Reel Rookie

Same problem. Sees my wi-if in the list but won’t connect 

comcast

cant figure out how to change to 2.4 on my mac

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jayde

Thanks for reaching out.

If you need help modifying your router settings, we would recommend contacting your internet service provider. They are the best ones to help you with that matter.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Raylingirl

I'm having the same issue on my daughters TV it was working then all of a sudden it just couldn't connect to the internet so I tried everything and then I just rebooted the roku now I can't get passed the English setting on startup because everyone I try to connect to my internet I get a red X I don't know what to do I just bought this a couple weeks ago

0 Kudos
Jayde
Reel Rookie

I did that for three days. Could see my wi-fi, but couldn’t connect. I was fine on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. , Today I took a chance and called Comcast. Asked them to run a diagnostic on their end and re-boot (done on my end many times)  didn’t connect right away. But about 10 minutes after the phone call I was up and running. I hope it stays. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Raylingirl 

Try rebooting both the Router and the Roku device.

Not sure if you tried to, or accidently, Factory Reset your Roku device since you are stuck on setup or if this is an internal hardware issue.

Try connecting the Roku device to a mobile hotspot if available (try using both the 2.4 ghz and 5ghz bands of the hotspot) to see if you can get through setup.  If you can successfully connect to a hotspot, then most likely just need to adjust some settings at your router.

Feel free to post back with an update if still having issues.  Include your Roku model number, your router model number, and your ISP (internet service provider).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Interesting that no one has mentioned their model numbers or age of their Rokus that are having difficulty connecting to Wi-Fi. 

Wi-Fi chipsets, particularly with "always-on" devices such as Rokus, do eventually wear out over time. If your Roku is over three years old and internet connection is spotty, it may be time to replace it.