Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert313
Level 7

Wireless Not Working.

Jump to solution

Hi,

It says Agent-Assisted help is not available for my issue or model (Roku 3) - so I'm hoping to find some ideas here on how I might fix this.

I've replaced my home Ethernet line with a Hotspot, so far all devices are working well with it - and Roku setup seemed to go very smoothly, everything showed that it connected successfully.

But then it wouldn't work - and said it was not connected, no Error Codes or Msgs. Any thoughts will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Wireless Not Working.

Jump to solution

@Robert313

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Robert313

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Did you check your network connection to see if you were connected to your wireless network? When you try to play content in a channel what are you seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Robert313
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I did the setup process several times, and it showed as connecting successfully, with aGreen Check Mark.

But then another pop-up appeared and said "Unable To Connect" - but did not give a reason, or any Error Code.

I did check the connection, and saw it was not connected, so that's when I went through setup several times, and each time everything appeared to go smoothly and successfully connect, it doesn't make any sense.

Then trying to open Amazon Prime App, it would not open it, and then that app showed multiple screens in different languages saying it's not connected.

I was just going to try again, but now it won't let me access anything, there is just the word Roku bouncing around the screen as screensaver.

Robert.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Robert313

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Dasiarose
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can’t get my Roku to find my WiFi .i have done everything that I have seen to do I even got a new Roku and it still can’t find my WiFi .so I just hook the old one back up

0 Kudos
Robert313
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Danny,

Well this is confusing - now it's working.

I was going to PM you, figured I would try again first - and while yesterday there was nothing but the bouncing screensaver & I couldn't do anything - now the normal screens appeared & I was able to get to Settings/Connections.

I started with Check the Connection, and it was already on - during setup I had to enter password each time - and saw no 'save password' option, (which I don't do anyway) - but somehow it was just already on.

Then Prime App opened right up & I opened a movie, so all seems good.

Except I have no explanation for it, but I hope it continues working smoothly. If it recurs, I'll do the PM you suggested.

Thanks much,

Robert.

0 Kudos
Robert313
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think it would be good to post this as a new topic, here it looks like it is an answer for my question.

And I would add details, even just describing the basic steps you went through, and which Roku models.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos