Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thyblight
Level 7

Wireless Connectivity issues with Roku Express

I have an issue wherein it says I don't have a wireless connection. Every phone in the household, along with my laptop, are connecting just fine. It finds the signal and says it has a strong connection when I search for networks, but when it goes to actually connecting to the network it fIls to get a wireless connection. 

I have restarted six times. I have unplugged the Roku for fifteen seconds. I have restarted the router despite it obviously not being the problem. I have done everything short of a full factory reset. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
Flieg
Level 8

Re: Wireless Connectivity issues with Roku Express

I am having the exact same issue. It started today (Monday). Have rebooted both soft and powerplug reboot.  We were connected and then suddenly we weren't.

0 Kudos
Dobbndc
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue as well with a brand new Streaming Stick+.  In initial setup it goes through Wireless connection, then local network, and then Internet Connection. 

I can get the WIFI connected to my router no problem.  However, then it tries to connect to my local network and I get an error code 14.50.  Tried rebooting, resetting, etc.  Nothing.  Any solutions?

0 Kudos
gjpmaz
Level 7

I would say wrap 2 layers of foil paper around the backside of the ROku device, like a 'Taco'....this will block

any Passive Infra-red or microwave motion detector being used by you adjacent neighbor or in your own home (if you have one). Thus, you should no longer get the 'Lost WIFI connection B.S. warning' ..which might require you to re-enter your Router Password (*10 digit or longer number)'.  This results in your video streaming no longer being delayed....

0 Kudos
Sam30204
Level 8

Same here! Started a few days ago and still doesn’t work. I’ve done all the normal restarts and ect and won’t work. Everything else in my home works. WiFi is fine 

it’s this dang thing! It’s less than a year old too 

what the **bleep** roku??? 
I may go back to my amazon sticks.

gjpmaz
Level 7

when my ROKU device , which was working 100% fine, starting giving me 'Non Internet Connection' flag msg on the screen, even though was trying to watch ABC news streaming , i simply pulled the power cord from the Roku device and hooked it back up after 1 min. Somehow, after a 2 min delay, i had to re-enter my Router ID number (8+ digits) , then   i got ROKU wi-fi reception....but again it lost connection.  

THat's when i realized it my neighbor's over sensitive motion PIR sensor might be interfering ..so i 'out of left field' wrapped some foil paper around the 1/2 of the roku device...and 100% WIFI connection was restored.

0 Kudos