Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessicakro
Level 7

Wireless Connectivity Issues

My Roku Premiere stopped connecting to my WiFi. I’ve restarted the Roku, did a factory reset and even made a change based off a YouTube video I found. Nothing has fixed it and this is now my third Roku Premiere to do this. It’s only a couple of months old, and my phone and laptop are connecting to my WiFi without issue. The Roku is in the exact same place as it was before when it worked, as is the router. Nothing has been moved or changed, so there’s no reason for it to stop working all the sudden. Suggestions? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mgmshel
Level 7

Re: Wireless Connectivity Issues

I am having the exact same issue.  You described it perfectly.  Hoping someone can help both of us. 

csigler
Level 7

I now have two Roku Premiere that have stopped connecting to my wireless internet, both are within 5' of the access points.  They both worked great up to this point.

makaiguy
Level 20

When I've had wifi connection problems this generally fixes it for me:

• Restart the router.  Even if your other devices connect without issue, do it anyway.
  • Restart your Roku via Settings > System > System reset.
  • When it comes back up, set up your connection again via Settings > Network > Set up connection

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
csigler
Level 7

I did that several times for both the Roku and the wifi router, but to no avail.  As a Hail Mary, I enabled the wifi router's guest feature, low and behold, I can connect to it.  So, something has changed as to how passwords are processed in the Premiere, the password has not changed recently.

I will enable the guest account when I use the Roku.  Still something has changed.

Charlie

0 Kudos
Bushpac4
Level 7

I am having the same issues

0 Kudos
Mgmshel
Level 7

That seems to have done the trick.  Fingers crossed!!

Thank you

0 Kudos