Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SibeDad
Level 7

Windows 10 64bit stopped being able to mirror screen to Roku Streaming Stick

Howdy,

I have a Dell laptop with Widows 10 64bit installed and two Roku Stream Stick devices, an original and +.  In the last week I have not been able to connect/mirror to either Roku device.

I get this screen:IMGP2748.JPG

Followed in 30 seconds by a "Couldn't Connect" notification on my laptop.

I recently,2021-03-13, had some Windows updates installed on laptop.  I removed them, as this issue was not happening prior to updates, with no resolution to my issue.

I have done everything I can think of: removed and reinstalled devices from laptop, disabled and reenabled screen mirror on both devices, restarted both devices and laptop, checked Miracast driver for updates. All with no resolution.

I am still able to "Cast" to my Roku devices from YouTube! 

If anyone is experiencing the same issue and/or have found a resolution, any help would be greatly appreciated.  I mainly use the connection to project pdf music tabs while playing.

rkl

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Windows 10 64bit stopped being able to mirror screen to Roku Streaming Stick

Try restarting/rebooting your router, then the laptop, then the Roku device.  Let each device in chain fully load before restarting next to ensure connection.

0 Kudos
SibeDad
Level 7

Re: Windows 10 64bit stopped being able to mirror screen to Roku Streaming Stick

Thanks for the suggestion, however that did not fix the issue, same result.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

A lot of postings in forum about being able to connect previously with Win10 and Miracast, but then lost ability.  Lots of different things got different people some success.  Here is a posting with various things to try.  I like the idea of using the Network Resets on both the Roku device and the laptop as well as verifying the Device Connect feature in the Roku.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Can-t-screen-mirror-from-Windows...

I do know I experienced issues with an Acer laptop that came with Win10 and casting to my Ultra and a RokuTV.  Sometimes it connected, sometimes it wouldn't.   It quickly became a Linux laptop anyways and I just use HDMI when the need arises.  Sorry couldn't be of more help.  Maybe the link above will get you in the right direction.

0 Kudos
SibeDad
Level 7

@AvsGunnar Thanks for the link.

I have tried all the suggestion, with no luck.  

I am convinced the issue is with the MS Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.860 installation on 2021-03-13.  The update must have screwed up Miracast.  I have post my issue on the MS support site in hopes of a resolution.

0 Kudos