Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbon
Level 7

Will not find my net

I have a roku tv it is 2 rooms away and works great.  So I got a roku premiere for my 4K tv in living room it is 5 feet from my net and will not find my net. I tryed putting net closer on top of it and a room away also tryed typing it in but will not find my net. It dose find net that is a few houses away but not mine. The other tv works fine tho help please couse they don’t have help for there Owen stuff they sell

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Will not find my net

Do you know how to access your router settings?  You may have to either enable 2.4gz network connection or change your settings from within the router to help Premiere find the network.

First, see if SCAN AGAIN feature within the Network Connections menu helps.

Some of the basic troubleshooting is here for network connections....

https://support.roku.com/search/network

If none of the basics work, just post back with router model and #, and in the Roku SETTINGS....SYSTEM....ABOUT... the Model # of the Premiere. 

See if any of the basics help and then members can help you from there.  Just include what steps you have taken, and what you info you are getting from looking at the router itself or from within the router's settings if able to access the settings. 

0 Kudos
Barbon
Level 7

Thanks all down grading my net worked my net runs at 5gz and turning it down work

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Good to hear you got it working.  Just for clarity, you didn't "downgrade" your net.  Don't think of it that way.  Different Roku devices require different frequencies and network protocols.  The Roku Premiere simply requires a 2.4gz connection and cannot see or operate on the 5gz connection. 

You can still leave both the 2.4gz and 5gz frequencies enabled.  The Roku devices and all your other wireless devices in your house will then connect to the appropriate frequency as they see fit.  Some will use the 2.4gz and some will use the 5gz if capable.

Hope that clears some things up.  Again, good to hear your Premiere is working now by enabling the 2.4gz on your network.

0 Kudos