Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Wifi not connecting after having roku connected before-- PLEASE HELP!

Hear me out because I have seen some others like this but not exactly. 

I have lived and had my Roku hooked up to the internet in my apartment for months now; NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Yesterday all of a sudden my Roku wasn't connected to my wifi. My laptop connects to the wifi as well as my phone just fine. Why won't my Roku? Why all of a sudden did it kick me out?

I have reset my router in hopes to solve the issue with no luck. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Wifi not connecting after having roku connected before-- PLEASE HELP!

This same thing is happening to me.  I've tried restarting my router, contacting Xfinity to have the gateway restarted, and restarted the Roku a couple of times.  Nothing is working to get my Roku to recognize my network.  I've been connected since March 2020.  Now all of a sudden it's not recognizing the network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Wifi not connecting after having roku connected before-- PLEASE HELP!

I have had this happen a couple of times. I don't know what causes it, but I've always been able to recover by restarting the wifi router, followed by restarting the Roku after the router is back up and running.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos