Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Wifi connected but the Apps inside the TV cannot connect to internet

Jump to solution

My TCL roku TV connected  to my home wifi successfully. Moreover, I can use my mobile app (in the same home wifi network) connect to my TCL roku TV (e.g. I can use the arrow button to control the menu). 

My home wifi network can also connect to internet, since, my other devices can connect to internet without problem. 

However, all apps (e.g. Youtube) inside the TCL roku TV cannot access to internet. 

Any suggestions ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Wifi connected but the Apps inside the TV cannot connect to internet

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot and login (as admin) my router and surprisingly found that some blocking policies were applied to the IP address of my Roku TV.  I removed these blocking policies and it worked.  Actually, I didn't add these policies before.

I powered off the Roku TV for several days and reconnect the power. Don't know if it caused the auto-generation of such blocking policies at my router. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@tcbtss 

Thanks for the note.

If you are able to connect to your network but unable to connect to the internet, we would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps on our Support page here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot and login (as admin) my router and surprisingly found that some blocking policies were applied to the IP address of my Roku TV.  I removed these blocking policies and it worked.  Actually, I didn't add these policies before.

I powered off the Roku TV for several days and reconnect the power. Don't know if it caused the auto-generation of such blocking policies at my router. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. Roku settings say "excellent" internet connection. But the apps say no internet connection. the problem is the same from my Netgear main mesh system home network, the mesh system guest network, the home network on the router wifi, and the router wifi guest network. My OTHER Roku device is working fine, my Samsung devices are working fine. All the computers and Android devices are are working.

The only thing left is the TV, has a problem. And of course, it looks like all the Roku people in the community stream, blame everything except the product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having this same problem. Is removing the blocking policies something you can expound on? I can log onto my router, but don't know what to do after that. Thanks

0 Kudos