Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Severt
Level 7

Wifi changed, remote not paired

We tried to pair our roku remote with our roku stick, but since the wifi has changed since we last used it the remote won't work since it connects through the wifi. Now I can't pair the remote because it's not connected to the WiFi and I can't connect to the wifi because the remote is not paired. Is there a way to connect a roku stick to wifi without a remote that is paired? I saw one post that said get a new remote, but if they all work through wifi that won't help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wifi changed, remote not paired

Pairing a remote has nothing to do with the Wi-Fi network you're trying to connect to.  The remote uses Wi-Fi Direct which is outside of network communication.  Make sure you have good, fresh batteries in the remote.  Hold in the pairing button inside the battery compartment until the light on the remote illuminates or flashes and then power up your Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.