Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heinen63john
Level 7

Wifi Quit working

Jump to solution

My wifi I use ever day all of a sudden wont show up on my roku it will show me other internet options around me but will not let me find or Manuely connect to my wifi what should I do

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Quit working

Jump to solution

@Heinen63john 

Thanks for the note.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If you are still not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
The only time this happened to me it was corrected by shutting down and restarting the wifi router.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Heinen63john 

Thanks for the note.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 

If you are still not able to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
cj4
Level 7

Re: Wifi Quit working

Jump to solution

After reading so many users with the exact same issue and finding that no solution has worked, I have concluded that the Roku is defective. Very disappointing since my Express has worked perfectly for 6 months, but after following every possible recommended fix without results I'm moving on to the Amazon Firestick.

0 Kudos
antimidas
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just use a amazon firestik 4k that is plugged into Roku TV now. Tired of being bounced back and forth. Roku says not their fault ask TCL. TCL says it's defective Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@cj4 

Thanks for the note.

If you were not able to resolve the issue with your wifi connecting to your wireless network, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
404X0
Level 7

Roku Express 3900X stopped seeing my WiFi SSID. Sees other SSIDS but not mine.

Jump to solution

My Roku Express 3900X has been dependable for the past few years, never an issue.  I got a new UBEE wifi router from Spectrum, it worked fine initially, then after a cable outage, it stopped working. In the Roku advanced settings I could see it still had the correct SSID for the new Router, but it would not connect.  When I scan for SSIDs from the Roku, it sees other Spectrum SSIDs at my neighbors houses, but not mine.  I did a factory reset on the Roku, still does not see my Router.  I can disco any of my three iPhones, or my laptop running Win10 from the router, and connect back into my UBEE router wifi no problem.

I connected into the router hardwire, logged in as admin, and it is all as it should be, I THINK(?). Using WPA-PSK and WPA-PSK2, and for encryption TKIP + AES.

Is there a way I can force a connection? Like a private network? Frustrating for me to not be able to view settings on the Roku except via the few settings in the GUI. I tried to do a USB to mini-USB via the power port, then read that is no-go.  Unless there really IS a way to get into the settings on the Roku that end users are not usually allowed to do.  Also, I now have the Roku moved to 3' away from the Router. So, I have moved it around. 

So, what do I need to do? What is my next step?  I'm up for anything...!

0 Kudos
cj4
Level 7

Jump to solution

I replied with account and Roku info but no response yet. What's a PM? Maybe an email reply is not sufficient. Thanks.

0 Kudos
antimidas
Level 7

Jump to solution

PM= private message

or it should

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Express 3900X stopped seeing my WiFi SSID. Sees other SSIDS but not mine.

Jump to solution

@404X0 @cj4 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a private message, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos