Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PSUHammer
Level 9

Re: WiFi speeds

Well, unless you sell it, it is what it is.  Can't upgrade the port with software.

I just bought an Nvidia Shield TV and called it a day.  Still use Roku in the bedroom where I don't stream UHD from Plex.

Oh, and I totally get wanting to stream over 100 mbps.  I also run a Plex server and stream UHD.  But, I already realized that Roku wouldn't be able to take advantage of the speed necessary.  That's why I asked what you were planning on doing with the Roku assuming you already knew the bandwidth constraint.

0 Kudos
chrblack
Level 9

Re: WiFi speeds

Hoping not planning.... I started using Roku's with the original that basically only did NetFlix and have never looked back. Ideally it would have AX or Gig ethernet, so I didn't have to run an AppleTV for my 4K library. Just hoping to have my voice heard so that they might consider it in future hardware revisions.

0 Kudos