Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SVJeff
Level 8

WiFi not seen on 2500x

Jump to solution

I was given a Roku HD (2500x) earlier today.  I was thinking I would reset it, find any updates and try to get it to someone who needed a composite connection model for an old TV.

I was able to factory reset it without issue. On reboot, I selected English, then ‘setup WiFi’ and the box did not find the WiFi signal that every other nearby device is using. I’ve tried unplugging it, re-searching for the WiFi signal 15-20 times, moving the box around - nothing makes a difference.

Before I do much more, I thought I’d see if this was a known issue or if there’s something simple I’m overlooking. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: WiFi not seen on 2500x

Jump to solution

I would try a factory reset.  With the power connected, hold the reset button in for no less than 30 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
renojim

Jump to solution

Make sure you're trying to connect to a 2.4GHz channel from 1 to 11.

0 Kudos
SVJeff
Level 8

Jump to solution

I apologize for my ignorance but, when I’m trying to connect, my only option is to search for WiFi connections. I’m not given any options.

My existing Roku 3 and 3 or 4 other Roku boxes that I’ve refurbished and rehomed have all connected fine, as well as the other A/V devices, phones and computers.

I guess I could try the reset button on the box itself. When I’m going through setup, there’s no settings menu available, until, I assume, I get it online. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I would try a factory reset.  With the power connected, hold the reset button in for no less than 30 seconds.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SVJeff
Level 8

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset using the button on the box. When that was done, my router was visible to the Roku so I was able to complete setup. Thanks for the advice!

0 Kudos