Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SVJeff
Level 7

WiFi not seen on 2500x

Jump to solution

I was given a Roku HD (2500x) earlier today.  I was thinking I would reset it, find any updates and try to get it to someone who needed a composite connection model for an old TV.

I was able to factory reset it without issue. On reboot, I selected English, then ‘setup WiFi’ and the box did not find the WiFi signal that every other nearby device is using. I’ve tried unplugging it, re-searching for the WiFi signal 15-20 times, moving the box around - nothing makes a difference.

Before I do much more, I thought I’d see if this was a known issue or if there’s something simple I’m overlooking. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: WiFi not seen on 2500x

Jump to solution

I would try a factory reset.  With the power connected, hold the reset button in for no less than 30 seconds.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Make sure you're trying to connect to a 2.4GHz channel from 1 to 11.

0 Kudos
SVJeff
Level 7

Jump to solution

I apologize for my ignorance but, when I’m trying to connect, my only option is to search for WiFi connections. I’m not given any options.

My existing Roku 3 and 3 or 4 other Roku boxes that I’ve refurbished and rehomed have all connected fine, as well as the other A/V devices, phones and computers.

I guess I could try the reset button on the box itself. When I’m going through setup, there’s no settings menu available, until, I assume, I get it online. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

I would try a factory reset.  With the power connected, hold the reset button in for no less than 30 seconds.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
SVJeff
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset using the button on the box. When that was done, my router was visible to the Roku so I was able to complete setup. Thanks for the advice!

0 Kudos