Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tjcantrell7
Level 7

WiFi connection problem

I’ve had a Roku express for about 5 months and never had a problem with it until now, it all of a sudden can’t find my WiFi. I have a PlayStation in the same room that has plenty of WiFi strength but the Roku can’t find it. I’ve restarted it, factory reset it, reset my WiFi, and still nothing. Anyone have a clue on how to fix?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: WiFi connection problem

"Tjcantrell7" wrote:
I’ve had a Roku express for about 5 months and never had a problem with it until now, it all of a sudden can’t find my WiFi. I have a PlayStation in the same room that has plenty of WiFi strength but the Roku can’t find it. I’ve restarted it, factory reset it, reset my WiFi, and still nothing. Anyone have a clue on how to fix?

Most routers have their channel setting on Auto. It sounds like your router might have changed channels, potentially to one the Roku doesn't support. Are you using 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos