Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amf31413141
Reel Rookie

WiFi connection issue with new 4K Roku Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

We bought a new 4K streaming stick (ROKU) and we are trying to connect it via 2.4 GHz. We are swapping out our original stick with the new one and cannot get it to connect wirelessly. It won't accept the password that we established originally and used to connect. We are the using the original stick in the bedroom and it connected right away, no issues. Any ideas as to what to do to get this new stick connected? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amf31413141
Reel Rookie

Re: WiFi connection issue with new Express 4K+

Jump to solution

Please disregard my previous message. As I was sending it to you my husband was able to connect. It was a password issue. Thank you for your time. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Kingjojo420xx
Reel Rookie

Re: WiFi connection issue with new 4K Roku Streaming Stick

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. They did an update April 19th and ever since then mine won’t connect either. The support services and their suggestions aren’t working either. No one in the roku team seems to be doing anything. I’m almost about to go to another device service if they continue to neglect us customers.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@amf31413141 @Kingjojo420xx 

Thanks for the post.

Is there a reason why you are not trying to connect the device to a 5 GHz wireless network? What brand wireless router are you using and who is your ISP (internet service provider)?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kingjojo420xx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don’t have a 5g network. I’m serviced through comcast and have the highest gig high speed they offer. I can run half a dozen devices at once with absolutely no issue. I even plugged it right into the router and still wouldn’t connect. I tried on multiple devices. Ever since the April 19 update my roku hasn’t been running. Please fix 

0 Kudos
amf31413141
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello. Thank you for responding. We are not using 5 GHz because it is not strong enough where we live. Our router is Comtrend and our provider is HCTC. 

0 Kudos
amf31413141
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please disregard my previous message. As I was sending it to you my husband was able to connect. It was a password issue. Thank you for your time. 

0 Kudos