Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parpat
Level 7

WiFi and Update issues with Roku Ultra 4800

I've been using the 2020 Ultra for a while now and I've been having 2 issues that bug me to no end and would love some insight.

I've factory reset several times to no avail.

1) it doesn't see my 5 ghz wifi network (but it seems other ones). Is there any specific settings I should be checking?

2) I'm still stuck on the 9.3.1. build 4240-C2 update and no matter how much I check I can't seem to move off it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
StreamerUser
Level 15

Re: WiFi and Update issues with Roku Ultra 4800

1)  Make sure your 5Ghz network isnt using DFS channels (only use channels 36-48 and 149-165)

2) Make sure you arent using a VPN, etc.  If you are located outside the US there may be issues updating the firmware or lagging behind the most recent firmware release.

3)  If possible, try using a different internet connection (e.g. hotspot/neighbors WiFi etc) to update.

atc98092
Level 21

On 5 GHz, you cannot use what are labeled DFS channels. Basically any channel between 49 and 148. Roku devices will not use DFS channels, and can't even see them. When I set up my UniFi access point, I noticed it defaulted to using a DFS channel, so I had to set it manually. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Parpat
Level 7

Thanks! That solved the wifi issue.

I tried wired connection, hotspot from my phone and my neighbors internet but still no luck on the update.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 15

send a message to @RokuDanny-R with your model name#, serial #, device ID #, current firmware version, account email, etc - explain to him that your 4800 isnt updating etc.

0 Kudos