Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JColl
Reel Rookie

Why is Roku TV stuck on wireless scan?

Jump to solution

My Roku TV screen has been 'looking for wireless networks' for the past day. However, I cannot exit the menu at all to try any other alternatives. The white box containing the message is stuck on the screen. I have tried removing the Roku for 30-60 seconds to reset it but every time it immediately pops up with this screen and no other options. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is Roku TV stuck on wireless scan?

Jump to solution

@JColl 

Some Roku devices are single band and can have issues with wireless routers configured a certain way. Yours is not one of those. So, that's been ruled out.

I'm going to suggest you manually do a factory reset by, with power applied, pressing and holding the RESET button for no less than 30 seconds. I say again, no less than 30 seconds. That's important.

If it was some random glitch in the setup, this may clear it and let you start over.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@JColl 

What Roku device do you have? The model number is important.       

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JColl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The model number of the device is a 3941X - Roku Express 4K+. Hope this helps, I can give more information if needed.                                                                  

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@JColl 

Some Roku devices are single band and can have issues with wireless routers configured a certain way. Yours is not one of those. So, that's been ruled out.

I'm going to suggest you manually do a factory reset by, with power applied, pressing and holding the RESET button for no less than 30 seconds. I say again, no less than 30 seconds. That's important.

If it was some random glitch in the setup, this may clear it and let you start over.

DBDukes

JColl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! It is working now, no message stuck and the remote is working again.                                                                  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Go to Adavanced System Settings then Network Connection Reset and that should fix the problem.

Mouseylou

Jump to solution

Simply pressing the reset button on the back of the tv seemed to hard restart the Roku tcl we have and fixed this problem for us. 

minaxkate

Jump to solution

Instead of doing a factory reset, under settings, just do a network settings reset. 
Just worked for me without having to reset my entire TV.