Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Why does my roku box stay connected to the internet when its turned off?

Jump to solution

I have a fiber internet box on my wall lights are on if internet is being used they are numberd such my ps4 is connection 1 pc connection 2 but when i turn my ps4 off the light goes off on the fiber box but with my roku box i turn the power off on it and the light is still on on the fiber box does roku stay connected to the internet even when its off if so i dont think my isp is going to like this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Why does my roku box stay connected to the internet when its turned off?

Jump to solution

Current Roku devices do not have power on/off controls, so unless you have some other provisions for killing the power to them, they stay powered up all the time when powered via a house outlet.

It is good practice to return your Roku to its home page when not actively viewing anything to prevent it from continuing to stream unseen programming.  The power use when on the home page is miniscule, and it allows the unit to download software updates automatically during idle times.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Why does my roku box stay connected to the internet when its turned off?

Jump to solution

Current Roku devices do not have power on/off controls, so unless you have some other provisions for killing the power to them, they stay powered up all the time when powered via a house outlet.

It is good practice to return your Roku to its home page when not actively viewing anything to prevent it from continuing to stream unseen programming.  The power use when on the home page is miniscule, and it allows the unit to download software updates automatically during idle times.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos