Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nuduner
Level 7

Why do my streaming sticks "eat" the USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receivers?

I work off of 3 Streaming Stick + devices. I have issues where all of them have had their USB power cable/wireless receiver go bad. These things are valued @ $20, and I'm getting tired of replacing them. Anyone else have this issue? If this continues, I'm going to find new streaming devices. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why do my streaming sticks "eat" the USB Power Cable with Long-range Wireless Receive

Since this is incorporated in the power cord I wonder if irregularities in the power running through it (surges, spikes, etc.) could be the source of your troubles.  My Streaming Stick+ is powered through a computer grade surge protector, same as the tv, and in the year+ I've had it I've never had a problem with the wifi receiver.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos