Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nancy87
Level 7

Whoops. Something went wrong with your network - Nothing is wrong with my Network!

I have a Premiere device. I've been getting this message for the past two weeks now. I have also done the following to troubleshoot the issue to no resolve;

Rebooted the roku device with restarting it from the device and unplugging it as well. Rebooted modem and router. Changed router wifi channel settings 1, 6 and 11. Factory Defaulted the roku device. Reset the network settings, manually changed the bit rate on the device. Did multiple firmware updates. Set QOS  settings in router to give roku device priority as well (for troubleshooting purposes). Signal strength shows Excellent on the device.

Conducted speed test which all check out at 224mbps download and 11.47mbps download. 

Two laptops in home connects to the internet absolutely fine and able to surf and watch video with no problems.

I welcome your response and suggestions as I believe i have exhausted all troubleshooting options.  

@RokuTannerD 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Nopal12
Level 7

Re: Whoops. Something went wrong with your network - Nothing is wrong with my Network!

This sounds like what started happening to my Roku two weeks ago, and the Roku has worked quite well for the past 3 years. Every 5 min, it disconnects from the WiFi and then reconnects. Sometimes I get a “whoops” message and sometimes it reconnects faster than the error message pops up. No other wireless networks to interfere, no other device in the house has problems... just the Roku. Which after 3 hours of resets, restarts, Wifi cycling... only to test and watch it “Whoops” off the WiFi and then magically “whoops” back onto the WiFi. 

0 Kudos
RDunhill
Level 7

Re: Whoops. Something went wrong with your network - Nothing is wrong with my Network!

We have had a similar problem for some time. The TV frequently displays a message that no internet connection. I have to go to the settings and let it scan for networks and put in same password as always and then the wheels spin and it reconnects with internet. This happens so often that I just tried to have a wired solution - but it keeps reverting to the wireless connection!  Ugh! VERY frustrating!  I hope someone can give us an answer.

0 Kudos
tonym1962
Level 7

Same issue, the device drops connectivity, but it does see my router after it drops, when I try to manually reconnect, it indicates it cant. I have to re-boot the router. I have switched carriers (from Cox to Century link) had the provider come out and swap the routers 2 x's. This started from day one and I am 45 days into this issue. The router is within 10' of the stick, no obstructions ect. I have started  the replacement process of this device, hoping I have a bad apple, I also ordered a Roku ultra to see if upgrading the device is the fix. I went to ROKU because cable was expensive and didn't watch 99% of what they offered, but, having to re-boot 2-3 times to get thru a movie isn't fun

0 Kudos