Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Where Did Roku Go? No Internet Internet Connection.

@dbourns  how far is your Roku from your modem and router? Distance plays a big factor in how Wi-Fi works. Try connecting to the 2.4 GHz not the 5.0. The 2.4 travels farther. How fast is the internet your paying for?

0 Kudos
dbourns
Channel Surfer

AVs, this reply and my last one are in response to your post. 

Thank you for helping the new novice, in the group

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@dbourns  can you move your router and or modem closer to your Roku or vice versa? If your Wi-Fi signal is showing weak that means there’s too much of a distance between the two devices

0 Kudos
dbourns
Channel Surfer

Literally about 6 , maybe 7 feet apart. I even tried moving it to about f feet. Don't know exactly how fast. I was looking for paperwork with that info on it, as I just paid the bill. The only info on the bill is that I am paying ten bucks extra for "Blast" which does make my internet go faster. Based on what I am looking at on the television screen, your suggestion may be the answer. The info on Roku says there are no problems with the modem, none with the Wifi, just the signal with that MOTOBIC5-5G thing that is so week.  Please forgive me, as much as I do appreciate you all trying to help me, I must get ready for work now, and have to go. I really appreciate your kindness, and wish I had half the knowledge to understand what you all are talking about. There is a man at my job, who does understand, and I will print out your suggestion and ask him to explain it to me. 

Truly do all of you trying to help.  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@dbourns  if you’re paying for the Internet you should know how fast it is. 25 Mbps or faster is considered high speed Internet. But it definitely sounds to me like something with your home network and nothing to do with your Roku. If you turn your phone into a mobile hotspot and connect your road food to your phone and everything works and you know it’s something to do with your home network therefore you will need to call your Internet service provider. You can go to fast.com on your phone and it will give you a speed test of what your Internet is. Any Wi-Fi dependent device is only as good as a connection it connects to. So your Roku has a weak Wi-Fi signal that is why it’s not working properly. On your Roku go to settings/ network and run a check connection test. It will give you a result in Mbps 

0 Kudos