Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbourns
Channel Surfer

Where Did Roku Go? No Internet Internet Connection.

I stepped out of the room after pressing play for a movie. I am new  to Roku. Today ,5/1/2022 , is about my 5th day after installing Roku. When I stepped back in the room about 20 minutes later, the movie had halted. Ever since, I have been getting messages, when I go through the different apps, or settings, that I have no internet connection. I cannot do anything. Now when I check the connections , under the settings option, it says  both the wireless and strength connection are excellent. But is says no to internet. I have been playing with this dumb thing all day, rerouting my router and the Roku box. Nothing. I cannot get anything on any of the apps. This is so frustrating. As a person who was about to get rid of Direct TV, because of it's absorbant costs, I am having second thoughts. I love Roku, WHEN IT WAS WORKING, but this is ridiculous. I did absolutely nothing, that I can undo. My Roku box is about 6 feet from my router. 

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where Did Roku Go? No Internet Internet Connection.

@dbourns 

See if you have a Power Saving feature on your Roku device.  If so, disable it.

(Settings/System/Power/Auto Power Savings 20 min (uncheck to disable).

----

Most problems with the Roku can be addressed by simply restarting the Roku device (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart).  Sometimes restarting the router will also be necessary to establish reconnection.

Feel free to post back if still having issues or need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Ello2022
Roku Guru

@dbourns  A Roku is a device. Not a service. DirecTV is a service. Which Roku model do you own? Did you try rebooting your modem, router and Roku? 

0 Kudos
dbourns
Channel Surfer

Thank you for replying Ello2022. I have Roku  Express 4K+. Yes, I rebooted all three. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@dbourns  Roku Express 4K+ is the name not model number. The Express you own is dual band so it will work on either the 2.4 or 5.0. Try using your phone as a mobile hotspot and hooking your Roku up to that. If it connects then it’s something with your home network. If that still doesn’t work then you could return your Roku to where ever you bought it from for another one. I own 10 Roku devices and never had one issue with any of them

dbourns
Channel Surfer

3941X is the model number

0 Kudos
dbourns
Channel Surfer

Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
dbourns
Channel Surfer

As a matter of fact, I think I can see the problem, but do not know how to fix it. Roku is a gift from my coworkers, because they know I worship television and am looking to rid myself of Direct TV. Under MOTOBIC-5G , that signal is weak. It is on the bottom wrung , as opposed to the signal strength and connection to my router, which it says is "excellent". What confused me, is that for the first couple of days, once I got the hang of navigating through Roku. after I set it up, I had no problems at all. 

0 Kudos
dbourns
Channel Surfer

Not really knowing if that would fix the problem I did that last night. I also restarted the Roku device. Neither fixed the problem. 

0 Kudos
dbourns
Channel Surfer

Maybe the Elvis method is best. 

READY, AIM, KABOOM!!!!

I am hoping you are old enough to know who Elvis is and what the corny joke above means. 

0 Kudos