Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

When is Roku using data?

New to Roku, subscribed to YouTube Tv and I have a 1.2 tb data limit with my ISP. I also have an antenna installed and I use it for some local channels. My question is should I make sure Roku is on Home or at least not streaming when I am using antenna so I'm not using data needlessly? I noticed recently that when I switched from antenna to Roku that the same program I had watched before was still running. So I imagine that I was still streaming data even though I wasn't watching it. Am I making something out of nothing, and I'll have plenty of data regardless? First month so it's all new to me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: When is Roku using data?

Yes, always make sure you return to the Home Screen when you want to switch your TV to antenna or a different input or it will keep using data indefinitely.  You may want to turn on "Bandwidth saver" under Settings->Network.  It will automatically stop streaming after 4 hours.

0 Kudos