Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Czari
Level 7

Re: When are they fixing the issue with roku connections

I just ordered an Amazon Firestick.  Will see if that works.  This is way too much fussing around with this particular Roku device.

0 Kudos
Tan21
Level 7

I just did the same thing. I ordered a Firestick and it'll be here tomorrow. I've never had this problem with the Firestick. I have restarted my internet and my TV several times. It worked for a couple of hours, then disconnected. I am extremely disappointed 

0 Kudos
Mara1
Level 7

Last night both of my Roku boxes were working and today again stop working I use my phone hotspot and roku boxes were working fine so the issue is not with Roku the issue is with the internet provider in my case I use Comcast.  Today I called Comcast several time and finally one representative explain to me that is because Of the mega bites I have available so Roku streaming take a lot of power so I do not have enough to make my boxes work if I want to use one of the boxes they advise to close all other divises completely probably like that I will be able to watch or use one of my Roku boxes or change a plan.  Comcast probably change something in their end.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts regarding internet connectivity issues with your device.
If your internet service provider is Comcast, we would recommend changing your router settings for 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, or do not have Comcast as an internet service provider, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what make and model is your router
With more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos