Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kameronjm
Level 7

We're having trouble playing this title right now.

We have a client that has a Roku hardwired to a switch and keep getting the constant error “we're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title”. I believe it is mostly on Netflix but they rarely use the other services. This is hooked up to a Samsung Frame TV. From what I have read, the error can be resolved by signing out and signing back in (which we tried multiple times). We have already gotten a new Comcast router put in and have installed a new Roku. I’m running out of ideas of what might be causing this and wanted to see if you guys have any thoughts.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: We're having trouble playing this title right now.

What is their network speed? How many people use this network at one time? Just wondering if this is a bandwidth issue.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Kameronjm
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
What is their network speed? How many people use this network at one time? Just wondering if this is a bandwidth issue.

They have 1 Gbps and maybe 10 devices on their network at any given time. 
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Their internet connection is 1Gb? Is this a business or a residence? I guess I don't too often hear of Gb internet connectioms, at least where I'm located, unless it's a business.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
BobRoberts
Level 7

I have residential 1gig available here with Suddenstink  but only pay for 400 mbps. I had this issue until I reconfigure my router to use 2.4 GHz. Less crowded than 5GHz. Stream flawless now.
0 Kudos
Kameronjm
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
Their internet connection is 1Gb? Is this a business or a residence? I guess I don't too often hear of Gb internet connectioms, at least where I'm located, unless it's a business.

This is a resident who works from home hence the speed but he barely has any devices on the network 

BobRoberts:

I have residential 1gig available here with Suddenstink  but only pay for 400 mbps. I had this issue until I reconfigure my router to use 2.4 GHz. Less crowded than 5GHz. Stream flawless now.

Client is hard wired not on wi-fi
0 Kudos
T_J
Level 7

I have a Belkin router with wifi turned OFF: Netgear FS105 switch; Premiere+ and Roku 2 (4210) connected to the Netgear switch; and 1.31 Mbps DSL ($71). I have SD Netflix subscription and rarely see that 'try again later' phrase, a second try 5-seconds later usually gets the Netflix show running.
Did you remove Netflix app - Reboot Roku - install Netflix app (re-enter email and password).
They aren't trying to use more Netflix streams simultaneously than their Netflix subscription allows are they?
Maybe they didn't exit Netflix apps on 4 or 5 of their devices? 

0 Kudos
Kameronjm
Level 7

"T_J" wrote:
I have a Belkin router with wifi turned OFF: Netgear FS105 switch; Premiere+ and Roku 2 (4210) connected to the Netgear switch; and 1.31 Mbps DSL ($71). I have SD Netflix subscription and rarely see that 'try again later' phrase, a second try 5-seconds later usually gets the Netflix show running.
Did you remove Netflix app - Reboot Roku - install Netflix app (re-enter email and password).
They aren't trying to use more Netflix streams simultaneously than their Netflix subscription allows are they?
Maybe they didn't exit Netflix apps on 4 or 5 of their devices? 

I have tried the above already. As far as I know, Netflix only limits if you are actively streaming to multiple devices simultaneously vs having multiple devices with Netflix open. 
0 Kudos