Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beginner59

We lost connection to wireless and get 014.30 error message

We've used the roku box for years with no problem. Now Roku puts a red X next to Wireless connection and message 014.30. But the wireless is working fine for my computer and phone. Rebooted router and roku and no improvement. Anyone have an idea? I am super bad with computers. I've seen similar issues posted with very complicated responses. If I got a new Roku box would that fix it? Thx!

24 REPLIES 24
Johnemcbizzle
Reel Rookie

Re: We lost connection to wireless and get 014.30 error message

Same here I tried it all nothing worked then i tried a mobile hotspot and it connected but not home network still

geneofva

We too.  No answers??  Help!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

If you have Comcast/Xfinity or Cox as your ISP ensure your Wi-Fi wireless mode is set to b/g/n and not g/n.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mayra1987
Reel Rookie

I have same problem but  this is inaceptable I buy a new roku and is the same issue. 

TanyaW928

I am having the same issue, all of my this are connected via roku, everything else in the house works yet NONE of the 4 roku devices will connect.  HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
JL176202

I have the same problem !! I have two rooms with two separate roku devices one on each tv. The one ifurfhest away in a different room than the router quit connecting to the wireless network all of the sudden and I’m getting the same 014.30 error message. What do I need to do this is in my daughters room ! Help. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JL176202,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi® or Ethernet | Official Roku Support
We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.
I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot to check and isolate the issue.
Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wesdob

I'm also having this problem! I saw an earlier post where someone bought a new roku device and still has the issue. I've gone through all the reboot instructions given and nothing works. Seems like the Roku people should be able to give more help.

0 Kudos
wmgoff13

Same here! What’s going on with Roku lately? Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos