Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJPPhotos
Reel Rookie

Verizon Internet Gateway Ask-NCQ 1388 and Roku Streaming Stick+ HD/4k

I just installed a Verizon Internet Gateway Ask-NCQ 1388 and connected to my computer and my mobile phone using the Verizon wifi password found on the device. When I pull up the network settings on my Samsung TV via Roku. I put the SAME wifi password in Roku. Roku comes back and says it didn't connect.

I called Verizon and they walked me through moving the gateway closer to the television. They had me re-set the router. Nothing worked. I spoke with Roku via chat and Roku had me re-set the streaming stick. That didn't work either. My current Internet connection logs in to the Roku stick just fine, and my computer and my mobile phone connects to the Verizon Gateway fine.

I have Roku Streaming Stick+ HD/4k.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
--
Chris Jennings Penders (Call me Chris!)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Verizon Internet Gateway Ask-NCQ 1388 and Roku Streaming Stick+ HD/4k

Take your phone off the WiFi and make it a mobile hotspot. Connect your Roku to your mobile hotpot and see what happens. If it works the issue is with your WiFi and not the Roku

0 Kudos
CJPPhotos
Reel Rookie

Thanks. I'll try that tonight. If it works what do you suggest I do then?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

If it activates and you can use it then try reconnecting your Roku to your WiFi. If it still doesn’t connect the call Verizon back since it’s an issue on there end. You can also take your Roku stick to a friends house or a family members house. if it hooks up to their Wi-Fi then it tells you there’s nothing wrong with your Roku stick. Be sure the stick is plugged into A/C power and not USB tv power 

0 Kudos
CJPPhotos
Reel Rookie

Thanks again. You've been very helpful. Will let you know what happens.

CJPPhotos
Reel Rookie

I'm all set. Funny thing. I missed one character in the password over and over. When I arrived home tonight I checked the password for the gateway again and saw I kept forgetting one character. When I entered ALL the characters I got right on.  

Woo Hoo.

Ello2022
Roku Guru

That can happen. Usually it’s best to change the default passwords on your modem to something you will remember. As long as it’s still a secure password and not something like 12345 🤣

0 Kudos

0 Kudos