Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Use Roku external on Roku TV

I’m trying to use a Roku Premiere on a TCL Roku TV. The TV seems to pair the remote automatically and take over. Any tips on how to make this work because the wireless performance on the TV is absolutely horrible. I have a 3-device google WiFi running and this is the only device with any issues, one of the devices is right next to the TV. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Use Roku external on Roku TV

Let's see if we can get your Roku tv working right so you don't need to add an external Roku.

Try this:

• Settings > Network > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset
  • Restart your router (even if none of your other devices are having network problems)
  • Restart your Roku via Settings > System > System restart. [On a Roku tv it's Settings > System > Power > System restart.]
  • When both have finished restarting, reconnect to your net via Settings > Network > Set up connection
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Use Roku external on Roku TV

@nateowen1977 wrote:

I’m trying to use a Roku Premiere on a TCL Roku TV. The TV seems to pair the remote automatically and take over. Any tips on how to make this work because the wireless performance on the TV is absolutely horrible. I have a 3-device google WiFi running and this is the only device with any issues, one of the devices is right next to the TV. 

On the TV go to settings , system, power, power on and set to last used input.    Then when the Roku Premiere powers on the TV, the TV should be on the input for the premiere.  

0 Kudos