Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to update my software

I had reset my roku premier and when the screen loaded it said i had to update my software. in order to do that i had to connect to the internet so i clicked the set up network connection button no internet networks showed up. it was just a plain purple screen and it wont let me do anything else 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Unable to update my software

I have the same issue, kind of. I still have my home screen but it keeps telling me I'm not connected then it connects but it can't update because it's not connected. It just spins. I've restarted mine as well and nothing is changing. All my connections good and I've checked my wifi is excellent signal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Sounds possibly like the reset wasn't complete. You have to hold the button for a minimum of 30 seconds, regardless of what's happening on the screen. Even one second less and the reset might miss something. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Im having the same issue but dont have any type of reset button, i hit set up network and its just a purple screen, ive tried everything from trying to put on hotspot, unplugging and plugging back in, restarting my router i dont know what else to do heeeelp please

0 Kudos