Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to see my wireless network

I just moved to a new place and brought my two roku express devices with me. New place means new wifi setup, but the same brand and speeds I used previously. My Roku's were always able to see my network at my previous place, but suddenly, when I scan for available networks, my own does not appear. I know my wifi itself works, both my phone and computer connect to it just fine. Has anyone been able to resolve this? Restarting my router and the roku has not helped. My internet speed meets the requirement of the devices.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Unable to see my wireless network

Try using the Network Reset in the Roku's settings menu. This has often resolved the issue for other users. Another option is to change the SSID on your new network to match the old network. Assuming the Roku devices can see the network they will automatically connect to the last used network. Of course, it's possible that be attempting to connect to the new one it will no longer do that. But it's something else to try if the network reset doesn't work.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos