Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Unable to find Roku

Jump to solution

I've been trying to setup my Roky stick but it's not getting into my network!

I've downloaded Fing Desktop to try and understand what's going wrong and connectivity check says that some device is having issues getting in network because of DHCP.

What is DHCP and what should I do next??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 8

Re: Unable to find Roku

Jump to solution

Thank you. I did, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

In the meantime I checked the suggestions from Fing reporting the issue and found out that a router reboot could actually flush some kind of exhausted memory... as simple as that it worked and my Roku is rocking in my network! Thank for your time and support.

Fix suggestionFix suggestion

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@albert123 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding your setup? What Roku device model are you trying to connect to your wireless network? What kind of wireless network is your router broadcasting, is it 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

Please keep us posted and we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a 'NOW TV Smart Stick - YD00GY276775' and my router is a Google Wifi OnHub.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@albert123 

Thanks for the information.

We would recommend reaching out to your device provider for further assistance. 

You can reach NOW TV support here: https://help.nowtv.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. I did, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

In the meantime I checked the suggestions from Fing reporting the issue and found out that a router reboot could actually flush some kind of exhausted memory... as simple as that it worked and my Roku is rocking in my network! Thank for your time and support.

Fix suggestionFix suggestion

View solution in original post

0 Kudos