Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to connect to wireless network

I have 3 roku's. We just moved to a new house and now only 1 of the 3 is able to connect to the wireless network. We have tried different TVs, moving closer to the router, resetting the roku and the router and 2 of the 3 still will not work. 1 is brand new just out of the box today and 1 we have used with no issues in the past.  Network is showing up when you search, but is not connecting. No other issues connecting computers or phones to wifi, just 2/3 rokus. Help please!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Unable to connect to wireless network

Is it a new router?  What models of Roku won't connect?  Some routers have issues with the pluses Roku likes to put in their model names, like Express+.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Makes no sense, since 1 of my 4 Rokus connected wireless and other 3 did not. Unplug Roku. Switch off router for 30 seconds plus. Router back on. Once up and going plug in Roku. Worked on all three. Hope it works for you. My guess, the ISP made a router S/W change overnight that troubled Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@renojim It is a new router, we just moved into a new house so internet just got set up. No trouble connecting any of our other wifi devices though (including 1 of the 3 rokus). 

We have both the Ultra and the Premier. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@our75olds Tried with no luck. Thanks though 

0 Kudos