Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Unable to connect to wifi

Everything was working fine w. my Roku Express for over a month.  Today, I went to change the channel, and everything froze up after our wireless network hiccuped.  So I restarted the router, and confirmed that all other devices in the house connected up no problem.  However, the Roku will not connect.  I have done the following:

-  Restart router

- Restart Roku

- Forget the network connection and reconfigure

- Hotspotted my phone (this worked - the Roku connected)

I am out of ideas.  Can anyone help out?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Unable to connect to wifi

@soxfan2k4 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried changing the wireless channel back to what you originally had to see if the device is able to reconnect?

If the device is able to connect to your hotspot, then it would appear to be an issue with your wireless network.

Check out some wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

If adjusting your wireless network (changing the wireless broadcast channel, etc.) isn't helping, send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device. I'll get you in touch with our support team to see if there's anything else we can do to help. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos