Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akmishra86
Level 7

Unable to connect to my wifi all of sudden

Hi, 

I was using Roku Premiere since 2016 and was able to access it per last night. Today morning when I woke up my roku was not connected with internet, even though my router was up. My other devices were connected to internet. I am having 1Gb line from verizon so strength is not a problem as roku device and router is not very far. Hardly 7-8 steps. 

Anyways, I have tried every possible thing I found in support, reset network, reset factory, even tried new roku premier player but its unable to find my wifi network in list. My other devices are able to and getting connected well.

I have tried to restarted router many times as well and I have hit a wall now.
Please assist. 

Thank You!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Unable to connect to my wifi all of sudden

The Premiere is a budget model with a single band wifi radio that only operates in the 2.4 GHz band and cannot "see" the 5 GHz band at all.

Might your router have received an update from Verizon that turned off the 2.4 GHz wifi band, leaving only the 5 GHz band? 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
akmishra86
Level 7

Re: Unable to connect to my wifi all of sudden

Thank you for replying, No that was not the case. Only roku was unable to see those bands, rest all machines were able to see and connect. 
This got fixed on its own on Saturday morning, but started again today. I can see both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands on all machine but not on Roku device. I have personally never ever faced this issue in last 4 years but twice in last 3 days. 

0 Kudos